Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The In-Laws Come to Town...

Have I mentioned before that I hit the "in-law jackpot" when I married my Joe? Well, I did. He has a wonderful, fun family who are sweet and considerate, and accepted me right in. So you can imagine how excited we were when they came to visit us in our new home here in PA this week! We picked them up on Wednesday night and dropped them off Monday morning... we had so much fun, but it seemed to go way too fast!

The first day they were here, we took them to Hershey, PA to see chocolate world...


We saw singing cows...

And we took them on the tour that we went on with my mom when she came over spring break. Unfortunately, the tour this time was MUCH different and they had geared it towards kids for the summer-time, upping the lame-ness factor by 100! I wanted to get off that tour bus within the first five minutes...they actually passed out songsheets and made people sing! We apologized to Chuck and Adrienne over and over again.;)

The next day we took them to DC. We stopped at Joe's favorite burger place called "Rogue States"...very yummy!


We went to the Holocaust museum (no photography inside)...it was very moving and really gave you alot to think about.


We did alot of walking...

We also went to the Air and Space Museum for the boys...

There was LOTS to look at...


rocket boosters

pod

Joe with the Wright brothers


Joe, the navigator of the day...

They are cuties :)

Then we went to see the Washington Monument

It was a beautiful day with a high of 85!

My favorite picture of the day! I think they were relieved to finally be toughing the monument and Chuck just laughs at her! Ha!

Looking over to Lincoln Monument... all day they were setting up for the rallies the next day on the National Mall where Palin, Glenn Beck, and Al Sharpton were going to speak ( separate rallies, of course!)


We decided to grill out for dinner one night...Chuck and Joe on the back porch with their root beers

Joe the King of the Grill!

Tex is ever hopeful food might get dropped

Adrienne and I made a German Apple Pie from scratch with apples we got that morning from a local orchard...yum!


I thought this was cute... they are sharing headphones!

Saying goodbye....

Back home to Oklahoma!

Thanks for coming to visit....we had such a great time with you guys! Hope we didn't wear you out! Come back and visit us anytime!

3 comments:

  1. I distinctly remember asking for a "Kisses" hat photo, but I'll get over it. However, just a *picture* of a fresh apple pie ... well ... that's just plain mean. I might get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Craig, we really did try, but it was a MAD HOUSE in chocolate world and the kids were all going back to school on monday, so i think EVERY kid in PA was there.... boo:( Give me your address and i will personally mail you apple pie to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they packed up the Kisses hats for the summer, too many little hands and feet running around....
    We had a WONDERFUL TIME!!! So fun to be so close to so many wonderful places. The burger place in DC was great, walking around DC was fun seeing so much. And so thankful we went Friday and not Saturday!
    We loved seeing your world and no we did not wear out...You are an amazing cook and we loved all thw walking, so refreshing!
    Blessings in your new home...Blessing on your life "up North". Thanks so much for a great time with you both!~A

    ReplyDelete