Friday, February 12, 2010

A bright day in the middle of the blizzards of 2010!

Yesterday was especially exciting! Right before all the snow came, I had several visitors.

My first visitor was the plumber who came to fix the broken toilet...nothing special there. ( Believe me, new construction has not been all it's cracked up to be! I think we found more things wrong in this brand new house than we did in our home in Missouri built in 1968!)

My second visitor was a sweet little old round man named "Guy Music" ...isn't that such a happy name! He was so sweet. He was from the church we visited this past Sunday with our neighbors M&O and he braved the snow to come give me a giftbag with information on the church and the best homemade cinnamon bread you have ever tasted...makes my mouth water just thinking about it!


And apparently i had a third visitor too, but they didnt knock or ring the doorbell, so when i went to get the mail, this was on my front steps! How they ever made it up my street in the snow is still a mystery, but i'm sure glad they did- it really brightened my day! Thanks Keek!


Inside was this sweet note from one of my dearest friends from high school,Ciarra ( the lucky duck who is in California! Rough life!) Her hubby is in the military so she has made several moves with him already in their few short years together...she totally gets it!


And inside the box were these BEAUTIFUL flowers! Gerbera Daisies are my favorites! So pretty!


Anyways, so I think for only being here for two weeks we have done fairly well... we have had dinner or gone to hang out with another neighbor couple almost evey night, which has been nice not to have to cook and plus we get to make new friends! It will be my turn soon to have everyone over to our home, but for now, my house looks like this in just about every room...boxes to the ceiling!


I did cook the other night for Joe's first day of work-- I made fresh grilled salmon with olive oil and seasonings, couscous with pine nuts,(which Joe affectionately refers to as "that rice-y stuff")and a caesar salad...can you tell we're working on portion control!


Joe gives the thumbs up, so I guess it will be a repeat meal(even though the house smelled strongly of fish for the next three days!)


I was grateful for all my visitors and a bright spot in an otherwise nasty week!

No comments:

Post a Comment