Friday, April 9, 2010

Drawing Near...

God has been very present in my life this week. I shouldn't say that. He is ALWAYS present- sometimes I just am so caught up in the things of the world to realize how much distance I have put between us. But this week, I can FEEL Him, and that, my friends, is something I truly love!

I have been praying and praying for a job- we have been here two months now and the stir-crazy feeling is setting in- I need to get out and be around real people again- you know the feeling? Some people like to be quiet and to themselves, but I feel like I thrive when I am around people... that said, I was offered a job this past week and I jumped on it.

Yes, I prayed first... but God wanted to teach me something- clearly.

I worked there only two days and knew right off the bat that I did not agree with their business ethics. I really struggled with it. I know that we are called to be lights in dark places, but they were asking me to tell bold-faced lies to customers and do very dishonest things that no one else seemed to have a problem with but me. I told God honestly that NO job is worth compromising my morals for and that even though i need a job right now, I am going to trust Him and I know that He will honor my heart and integrity. They might be able to sleep easy at night knowing they did dishonest things to make sales, but at the end of the day, I am accountable to God and will have to answer to Him for everything I say and do.

So, this week, I am committing every morning to spend time with Him and draw near to His heart as I seek to find the path that He has for me here. He WILL show me and I am confident that soon I will be able to tell you how He provided!

Hope you have a great weekend and know that God will reward you for standing up for the truth and being a light to those around you by not compromising!

Philippians 4:8 NIV
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."


Looking for a great book to read? I am not usually a reader, but can't put down "A Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George...very encouraging and challenging-I would highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. this is precious. you're an amazing woman, and i applaud you for following God's leading even though it stretches you.

    ReplyDelete