Monday, April 26, 2010

The Waiting...

Hello bloggy friends...it's been a while, hasn't it! I have debated back and forth whether or not to even mention this, but I think that sometimes, you just need to get things off of your chest and once you have said them, you feel huge weight lifted and now have the support and encouragement from the dear friends you've entrusted with your most intimate thoughts.

So here goes: We were not telling ANYONE, but I had gotten off the pill and was taking prenatals and were so hoping to have great news to share very soon with friends and family. We agreed to pray for God's timing together for a week and then we would continue, but after a week, Joe came to me with a heavy heart and said "I think we need to talk."I love my husband and his wisdom- I really do respect his opinions and the man of God that he is, so when he has reservations, I know that he has thought and prayed long and hard. Joe explained that he had taken a very close look at finances and that we could be totally debt free(besides the mortgage) in less than two years, but if we added another large expense, like a baby, now, it could take us five or more years with the interest that would build up. Even though it was the farthest thing from what i wanted to hear,I knew his heart and respected where he was coming from as the provider. He wants me to be able to stay home once we have kiddos and that puts even more pressure on him to provide. So, we prayed, and cried and decided that we could wait two more years.... God will be faithful.

As hard as it is now to put hopes on hold, I believe He will bless our hearts and our faithfulness and help these two years to be some of the greatest and most fruitful years of our marriage so far.

"While I'm Waiting" By John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

2 comments:

  1. As always, those who wait on the Lord gain new strength...and have perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEll! I am slow to catch up and read the blog.....
    TO EVERYTHING there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven.

    :) ~A

    ReplyDelete