Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day four of not having a husband home till after 9pm...this is a tough thing to get used to. Sometimes lately, I feel single. I look at my neighbor who is a military wife and think,"God, is this how my life is going to be?" He reminds me that He is in control and that there is fullness of joy- even my sweet neighbor finds a way to make it through, and I can do this too. I can be brave.

On the one hand, I am selfishly wanting MY husband to be home with ME. But on the other hand, I realize that this is why we are here. This is the job that is paying the bills and allowing me to stay home for now. I have to keep reminding myself that this is only a phase, but I miss how things were in Missouri(never thought i would say that). I miss living so close to our jobs that we saw each other everyday at lunch. I miss the predictability of knowing that i could have dinner ready by six and he would be home before it got cold. I miss having hours to just "hang out" together before we had to go to bed. Now days, he is so tired when he gets home, we are lucky to have ONE hour.

( Am I the only wife who daydreams about throwing her husband's ever- ringing Blackberry in the toilet, out the window...the list of how i dream of destroying it never ends!)

But, the light at the end of the tunnel? TEXAS! Thank you, younger brother Chris and best friend Natalie for choosing to graduate in May so that we could have an excuse to escape PA long enough to recharge our batteries! Soon, we will be leaving, and when we step off the plane, I feel like I will be able to breathe again. Surrounded friends and family is a wonderful place to be, no matter where it is...our place of peace just happens to be Texas this time. Looking forward to a wonderful visit!

Please continue to pray for us...I am still looking for a job(preferrably one that would afford me the luxury of nights and weekends off so i can see my husband, even if it is only occasionally). Pray for friends and a church home, pray for us to find our purpose here in Pennsylvania and pray that God would help us to hold on during this tough season in life.

Thankful for a break on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment