Thursday, January 14, 2010

The BIG 2-5!

Well, its official. I am old...and I am sure that my mom is just about having a heart attack this morning thinking that she has a daughter that is this old! It's inevitable mom!

Today i turn 25 years old. You may be thinking 'What, 25...old? This girl must be crazy!' But really, think about it, 25 is a big deal; a quarter of a century! If you would have asked me several years ago what i would be doing at 25...well i won't finish that sentence! I feel like the plans you make early on in life are so childish and naive it's almost embarassing! But now that i am here, life is exciting and full of promise. I have a wonderful man who loves me more than I think I deserve some days, I have a great dog (no kiddos, but that will come before i am thirty...please God let it be before I am thirty!!!), I feel like I am in a good place spiritually, I am moving to an exciting new place full of opportunities...life is pretty good in general I would say.

This year I ran a half-marathon, something I never thought i could do, but not only did I do it, I ENJOYED it! I became a better wife and learned to communicate better with my husband(a never- ending process, but progress nonetheless!), I took my Walk with God more seriously and got involved in Bible studies and church and learned the importance of investing in others- that's what we're here to do afterall, I looked straight in the face of great sadness and depression in losing my dad to cancer and every day gets a little brighter- and guess what, I'm winning! I made lifelong friends, I conquered fears, I remodeled a house...If i can do all of this, I know I can face 25!

I do get discouraged when I feel like I am in a losing battle with my gray hair (already!) and the wrinkles start to settle in more pronounced, but the grays can be dyed( can i hear an amen!) and the wrinkles are only there as a reminder of where a smile has been for many happy years, and that is okay with me! Some days I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but what's the fun in having it all planned out anyways!

To quote Edwin McCain, "These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive...I've got all I've waited for, and I could not ask for more."

So here's to the next twenty-five years; may they be more fabulous and full of joy than the first! (And may i find a good hair-colorist in Pennsylvania who can help a sister out...seriuosly!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot to show for your 25 years, little missy. And you have brought a lot of happiness and laughter into my life. (Which could only be surpassed by moving back to Texas when those kids are born so their grandmother(s) could be closer....

    ReplyDelete