Wednesday, January 27, 2010

To everything there is a season...

“To everything (turn, turn, turn) there is a season (turn, turn, turn), and a time to every purpose under heaven.”

Don’t tell me you weren’t singing along in your head! I remember my mom singing this to us growing up, but I think that I am only just now starting to realize what it really means.

We oficially leave Missouri, where we spent our first two years together, on Friday. Bittersweet. We loved it here, but we remember that this was a season of life, and now onto the next one. Below are some of the seasons we have seen together in our two short years as "Steins." I got nostalgic and thought you might enjoy some funny pictures!

A time of Firsts:

First house.

First snow.


Our first Christmas together.


First Anniversary.
(Joseph suprised me with tickets to go see Lion King in Kansas City!)


The fruits of our labor in our first garden.


Our first "baby"...Tex.



My first pro baseball game...go STL cards!


A time to play...


And a time to know when to take the lighter away!


A time to admit that any man who can cook is a superhero in my book!


A time to tear down...


And a time to rebuild.


A time to learn to branch out and try new things.
(Joe rewired all the light fixtures, fans, and outlets in our home with only one minor shock incident!)


A time for celebration... (Dave and Joe celebrated their birthdays together at our house. This was the last trip Dave was able to make.)


A time to treasure the ones you hold dear.







A time to learn to have fun together...




A time to explore new places...


A time to learn to take time to relax...


A time to learn that two heads are better than one!


A time to be brave...


A time to learn each other's quirks...
(Joseph is a mechanical engineer, which means he is very organized and thinks in straight lines...some call it anal, but i call him mine!! These are his cherry pits and stems...i was laughing so hard I just had to take a picture!)


A time to learn that if puppy training is this hard, we are truly afraid of what a baby will be like!
(To our parents...we are forever grateful for putting up with us! May we be as patient as you were when we have kids!)


A time for proud parents... our Tex graduates first in his class from doggy obedience class!


A time to hope, against all odds, for a miracle...


And a time to honor a life well-lived.


Seasons will come and go. There will be sadness, but it will be overwhelmed by joy and gladness.

I love the quote by Erma Bombeck that says, "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say,'I used everything you gave me.'"

We may be headed to a new place half-way across the country from our family and friends, but I am determined to make the best of it all. In these new seasons of life in front of us, I will love deeper, speak sweeter, serve more humbly, and give more freely. I will treasure the time that i have, because we never know if this season in life will be our last. I don't necessarily care if people remember my name, but i do want to leave a legacy of love.






THIS POST IN MEMORY OF DAVE O'BRIEN, a man who left a legacy of love.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen. Looking for great things in your future.
    Love, Your Best Mom who is still missing Dave a lot.

    ReplyDelete