Monday, January 11, 2010

My painful birthday gift!

Hello, my name is Katy and i am a sucker for infomercials. There, i said it! Whew!

I'm telling you, i cannot watch QVC for too long or it will suck me in-- seriously, those people have a talent to make you think whatever they are selling, whether it be a purse or denture cream, i wait with bated breath to see how it works and suddenly for no reason ,i am thinking I MUST HAVE THAT WONDERFUL THING! My husband loves to laugh at me because i get SO sucked in... and for what? Well, you will be relieved to know at this point in my story that i have never given into my QVC urges...occasionally i have been known to buy from the "as seen on TV" aisle in walgreens though. Below are the products that i have fallen for and given over $9.99. Most of them are a mistake...

Bumpits.... which make Joseph laugh uproariously when i try to put them in my hair... the "hollywood bumpit" makes you look more like Elvira than anything!


Smooth-Away, which is basically very fine grit sandpaper that you "smooth" ( aka grind against your skin with considerable force) to remove hair. In my experience, it removed only patches of hair, making me look like i had some kind of a disease and then promptly broke out in a rash of hives and ingrown hairs that took about two weeks to go away totally...dont waste your money!


Strap Perfect was actually a pleasant suprise! Thye keep the straps hidden and the girls looking perky... no more bra straps hanging out-- someone out there is a genius!


By the grace of God, i do not own a snuggie!



Drumroll please.......


This is it...my painful birthday gift! The Aero Pilates System as seen on QVC.


I have wanted this thing for over two years and i will watch the presentations for hours on end when it is on tv(i told you i am a sucker). So, the other day, Joe walks out of the room as they are talking about the pilates bench, and i mention for about the twelve hundredth time that i want one BAD. He walks into the office and shuts the door. Later that night, i find the receipt for a pilates machine laying on the computer with a note that says "happy birthday love." What a guy! If it was me, i would be squirming after five seconds and blurt out " dont you need to go check something on the computer!" And that's why we are so differnet! Anyways, it came several days early and i decided that i was going to put it together and give it a whirl. All the exercises are done sitting or laying down and you just kinda bounce on the little foot trampoline ( excuse me QVC, the "rebounder") and do some stretches.

SO after the first workout video, i think, hmm... im not feeling anything, maybe ill do the next one. This went on for about two hours. I did all three workout videos from start to finish...nothing. Frustrated that i had once again been duped by infomercials and they now had my hard-earned money, i called it a night and went to bed. THEN THE NEXT MORNING CAME!!!! Boy was i sore! I hurt in places i didnt know existed!

So, the moral of the story is if you get a new exercise machine, heed the warnings and do not overdo it, you are an amateur (and possibly a moron) and your body will hate you tomorrow for doing all three exercise DVD's in one sitting! Ill let you know how the workouts go, but im really excited about my painful present, thanks to my sweet husband!

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm. I noticed you did not mention your ShamWow and your PedEgg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, that is sooo something i would do! i hope you've regained full use of all your muscles. :)

    ReplyDelete