Friday, January 8, 2010

pj's all day is a wonderful thing!

So, Joe is gone to PA for the week, the onslaught of buyers has not arranged to come look at the house (yet), and i quit my job on December 18th. SO, basically, this week i have stayed in my pj's all day and slept as long as i wanted, or at least as long as our dog TEX would allow me to! IT'S WONDERFUL!!! ( dont worry, i am still showering!)

Sometimes, i get bummed because the closing got pushed back or the inspector cancelled two more times, or there's another delay with moving, but i think im gonna choose to look at it as a gift: God's giving me some much-needed time to relax and unwind, to recoup from a crazy time of remodeling, working, etc. and just enjoy the last days here in Missouri in front of the fire. Its great, i play wii fit, i watch movies, i go play in the snow with the dog, i drink hot tea and have a fire going all day, i havent even had to think of things like laundry, and if my house is dirty-who cares! I can clean it up tomorrow! I think we all need days (or weeks) like this where the things that seem so pressing dont have to be overwhelming-- they can be pushed off for two more days. This time last year i got mono and struggled with my energy level all year as a result. It was a delicate balance between getting things done and exhausting all my energy for the next three days trying to clean the house and go to work. SO i am taking this time for me and resting and not overdoing it, and frankly, not caring!

So until hubby's plane lands Saturday, i might just stay this way! OOh, that does remind me-- i need to get around to shoveling the driveway sometime soon- its good practice for Pennsylvania! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment