Sunday, June 13, 2010

LONG weekend...

Hi friends! Hope you enjoyed a long relaxing weekend, because I sure did NOT!

Have you ever had the pleasure of experiencing something called "cervical torticollis?" Well, I have many times, and though I had not had it for a very long time, it came and visited me this week. Yay!

Torticollis is basically a fancy was of saying you have a very bad crick in your neck, but in my case, my neck literally freezes in place to where i cannot turn it for several days...again, NO FUN!

So, my weekend consisted of three trips to Dr. M, my saint of a chiropractor, and ungodly amounts of muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories, missing a day of work at my new job, and sleeping so much in between that i completely lost track of what day it was! Thank you, sweet husband, for taking care of me and keeping track of my meds so i didn't take too much, driving me to appointments and waking me up to eat...you are wonderful.

Ready to feel normal again and get back to working out and taking care of myself...minus all the pills!

In other news, my Sweet Man is officially "Fully Vested" in his company, as of today, at age 27! Five years with his company straight out of college! Way to go Joe! I am so proud of you, love! Keep up the hard work- you're doing a great job...I know the long hours are hard on you, and at times you feel run down, but you do everything with excellence and others notice! Keep on being "Jesus in skin" to those around you at work, and lead with intergrity and honor!

Today also marks one month away from Dave being gone for a year. I can't believe it's been that long;I can't believe that life just kept on going after July 13th,2009. I remember that being one of the hardest things to grasp, walking out of the funeral and seeing kids playing in sprinklers and eating snow cones and thinking "why aren't they sad too? Don't they know what today was?". Going back to work the next week i was racked with guilt because I was resuming life as usual, which felt so wrong.

Mom and I have planned a trip to Seattle together over the actual anniversary week so that neither of us have to be alone on that day...I think it will be a good thing just to get away and think, to scatter the ashes, and to make new happy memories on that day.

Still looking for a church home and good friends, although we are starting to feel like we are finding our place more and more every day! God is good and is bringing some great people into our lives to fill the "friend void" that opens up when you move to a new place. Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment