Monday, July 19, 2010

God is in the "Sign Business..."



Got back from a wonderful, relaxing time in Seattle/Canada with my momma on Friday. We prayed the whole trip for extra special blessings throughout this week as we remembered Dave's life and spent precious time together. While walking through the busy Pike Place Market in Seattle one day, I heard my mom gasp as she looked down. And then we both read it:




" I have always known that at last I would take this road, But yesterday, I did not know that it would be today."


I believe God truly is in the sign business! Sometimes it comes in a still small voice, and sometimes, in an otherwise meaningless plaque in the middle of a dirty sidewalk on a bustling corner of a very busy city. He hid this for my momma and me that day. I believe that.

The other thing I beleive He ordained before we even left, was for us to meet sweet Judy and her brother Bill, who were our travel companions on our day cruise over to Cananda. Judy actually sat by me on the flight into Seattle and when we began to compare itineraries, we realized that we would be on the same ship all together later on that week. She is also a first grade teacher, in Florida, and got along wonderfully with mom.


God loves us so much that he speaks to us personally. I don't know about you, but I am blown away by that fact. Flying over the city and seeing people and cars begin to look like ants, it boggled my mind to think how much He loves each and every single one of us...and that with as much as there is going on down here on earth, He takes the time to hear ME, to touch MY heart, to comfort ME, and to hide away things for just ME and Mom to find. He is so gracious and loving.

More pics soon to come, just wanted to share this with you. (And ps, thanks for praying, my neck felt better on this trip than it has in an entire month! Went to the hospital all morning to get more scans and tests out of the way...will hear back as far as results on Wednesday...just pray for SOME kind of answers so we know what to do if it happens again.)

Linking here to my momma's blog. One year after losing Dave...there IS still "joy in the journey."

1 comment:

  1. My dear friend MA used to always stop and say... "the Same God of Abraham, Joseph and MOSES is the same God that cares about us, and talks to us!" then she would be quiet and ponder, thanks for the reminder :)
    ~A

    ReplyDelete