Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In Memory...

Today, we remember Dave O'Brien, who went to be with Jesus one year ago. These are a few of my favorite pictures and memories of Dave that I hold dear to my heart.


TBCH Chapel where Mom and Dave were married, Joe and I were married, and later, where we had Dave's memorial service.



This is one of my favorite wedding pictures. Dave had just had his leg amputated weeks before and was unable to walk me down the aisle, but he gives me away at the front, where we all gather for a family prayer.








We all did a walk/run in downtown Kansas City in October in memory of Dave. Joe's sister Anna and I did the half marathon that day. We all wore pictures of Dave running his first marathon.


Joe and Dave celebrate their birthdays together at our home in Missouri.






This is my favorite picture of my Momma and Dave. They look so happy.



I am so very thankful for Dave in my life. He was a godly man who loved my mom and went above and beyond to take care of all of us kids. He was the father I never had; he was kind and patient, and a man of integrity. He was so loved and is dearly missed.

3 comments:

  1. That final photo is in our screensaver rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your precious memories! We will honor him by living well!
    Love you~A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    You've been in my prayers! I know that this time brings back so many memories, but I pray that they can be memories of happiness! We miss you and hope you guys are doing wonderfully!-Dody's

    ReplyDelete