Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Happenings...

If you read my mom's blog at all, you know that she gets "blog- happy"...some may call it "trigger- finger"...I call it the over-achiever in her, but if we do anything "blog worthy" together her pictures are up within a matter of hours.  Mine on the other hand, are usually up within the week, and I consider that an accomplishment. We cannot all be Type-A's!  

This weekend was my little brother's graduation and within twelve hours of the celebration, NOT  ONLY did she have up a blog with 20+ pictures, she left early  the next morning for the local Walgreens before anyone woke up and printed out multiple copies for every family member she could think of which were promptly sorted in to stacks with a post-it note saying whose pile it was, passed out and mailed to those who were unable to attend.  If nothing else, she's organized and efficient FOR SURE!

I love my mom but boy does she make the rest of us look like slackers!:) (And PS, I stand firmly by the excuse that my camera cord is in PA and that is why I have not yet posted pics, but if you want to see pics, you know where to go...the over-achiever's blog here. HA!)

We've had a great time in Texas. The last time we were in town was for Dave's funeral, so we were all very happy to have a fun reason to come this time.  Chris graduated Friday from Texas State San Marcos and faithful friend Natalie, who was my maid of honor, graduated from the University of North Texas on Saturday in Denton.  Between graduations, we visited both of Joe's grandparents in the area, saw aunts and uncles and dear friends and ate WAY too much good food that we will be working off in the gym for months to come.

So, for the question I'm sure you are all asking yourselves but afraid to ask..."how's my mom doing?" Well, in my professional "daughter-who-can-see-thru-the-fakeness"  opinion, I'd say she is doing WONDERFULLY! We have seen her several times in the last year and worry how she is "really" doing often, but I have to say that she was just so...happy this time, and that is a welcome sight after a long hard year.  Of course there are still days where I am sure the sadness settles in, but it did our hearts all kinds of good to see my mom settling into her "new normal" and doing it with a big ol' smile on her face! One thing I admire about her is that she allowed herself to grieve in her own time. She didn't try to stuff it and pretend like things were ok; if she knew she needed a long, hard cry, that's just what she would do. 

But this weekend seemed like a new chapter had begun: a happier chapter, and I can't say  how good that feels for all of us! God is good all the time!  So, congratulations, Chris and Natalie, and thanks for giving us all a great reason to get together in Texas...it's been way too long!

My Joe heads back tomorrow to real life in PA.  He will get the house all to himself for two more days until I come back...I'm just having too much fun and I needed a few more days with my momma!

Real Blog to come when I get back and have a camera cord... I know, I know...SLACKER! Gosh!  :)

2 comments:

  1. You've well illustrated why your mom is on my Personal Heroes list. In fact, now that I think about it, I believe all 3 of you are on the list, given the lives you've carved out for yourselves in light of the trials you did not cause but had no choice but to endure. Not everyone would have fared so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to what Craig said - about all 3 of you. Your mom IS a HERO, and I'm so glad that you all had a happy celebration this weekend! And, yes, she does make the rest of us look bad with her organizational abilities. She's had them as long as I have known her - 34 years??!!

    ReplyDelete