Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Expecting!...


(Baby S)

Ha! I bet you thought I was serious! No- I am NOT PREGG-O, I repeat, NOT PREGG-O! (Momma and Mother In Law,A, you can start breathing again!)

But i DO have a funny story ;)

SO......I'm at lunch today with my neighbor friend,D, who is from the Dominican republic and her sweet baby girl. I am on the phone trying to get an appointment with a dermatologist, but even though I went online and made sure they are covered by my insurance, they want a note from my Primary care Physician to say that i am being referred...even though I am not, and my medical records MAILED over, not faxed. UGH!

Have I mentioned how much i genuinely detest our doctor here and their entire office staff? One time, they took my ID and said, "No way are you 25! hey Betty look at this...this girl looks 15, but look at her ID- she's really 25- can you believe it/" ( and proceeded to pass it around the office!) Last time I needed to re-up my birth control, the lady yelled at me and ended up hanging up on me... bottom line: they won't give me my Rx until I get a pap. Fine, I can do that, I have plenty of time to do that. I have called every morning at 7:30am for three weeks trying to get a pap...no luck. You can only schedule appts one week in advance and my doctor seems to be gone half of the time, and you can only go to YOUR doctor!The lady said, you can come sit in the office and see if there are any cancellations and wait around...PLEASE! Come on people- I'm trying to do the right thing and play by your rules and get the miserable Pap... and REALLY, you won't give me birth control? I'm married for goodness sakes! Maybe I should just mosey on over to the public high school...im sure their nurse would take me for a high-schooler and give me free birth control samples! BEYOND FRUSTRATING!

So, I'm talking to the Dermatologist's office and I said, look, one woman to another, can I just make an appeal to you? (My mom taught us to ask this when we were young!) I HATE my doctor, they are so incredibly rude and i haven't found a new one yet. I proceeded to explain my troubles with trying getting a pap smear for almost a month now and how the office lady has yelled and hung up on me on many occasions. She got quiet and said, "Can I ask who is your Doctor?" When I told her, her mood shifted immediately and she said," Oh honey,I used them for years too and had the same horrible experiences. I can get you in the first of October!" ( D's baby now crying in the background) "Oh, my, you must have your hands full with a new baby too... maybe that's why you are breaking out- it's hormones, totally normal." I didn't want to interrupt Chatty Kathy Receptionist and say, no that's not my baby...after all, she had just broken all the rules for me, and as far as I was concerned, she had moved heaven and earth, and now she thinks i am coming because of post- pregnancy hormones! So I did the unthinkable... I replied, "Yeah, having a new baby IS totally exhausting! Thanks soooo much for your help! See you in a few weeks, Bye!" :)

So i think that i need to borrow D's baby when I go to my appointment in October! Oops!

2 comments:

  1. What is wrong with this picture? A doctor's office that has routinely and without bias provided abysmal service for years ... is still in business. Alas, he's not the only one. Not by a long shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEW! Craig, I thought you were going to say "something is wrong with this picture" because i didnt say it wasnt my baby:) ha!

    ReplyDelete