Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No Cell Phone Zone...

Most people's blogs that i follow are either (1) surprisingly inspiring and insightful with a daily life lesson learned and a Bible verse to go with it, or (2) pictures of their adorable kiddo-s and sweet little lives. But let's be real, you have to leave room for sarcasm SOMEWHERE...that's where I come in!!! What fun is life if you can't laugh! SO here's my funny, sarcastic, slightly off- color story of the day.


Dear Shanequa (with the ghetto booty):
When people go to the gym, they are there for a purpose...some for better health, some work out to fight that "beer gut," some people are there to get a break from their kids, and some are just there to get a smokin' hot bod. What do all of these people have in common, you might ask? Well, they have all taken precious time out of their busy days to come to the gym and unwind.


Look, don't get me wrong, I have to give you some credit for being at the gym, but please allow me to plead my case: (Hey, if Oprah can plead with people to make their car a "No Phone Zone," I figure I can make my case to make the gym a sanctuary, of sorts, and another "No Phone Zone.") I am at the gym to unwind, to sweat, to focus on some "me- time".... NOT to listen to your phone conversation with your "Boo"!

Although I do admire your "skills" as you balance your phone on any given machine you are at, and keep that loooong cord from tangling as you work out, keeping it perfectly in place so that your mouth is close to the mouthpiece, I have to make this one point: IF YOU ARE LOUDER THAN EVERY TV IN THE ROOM ( for over an hour, by the way!), YOU ARE TOO LOUD! No one wants to hear your whole, long, drawn-out, lame-o conversation with your "Boo," honey! This is what the Lobby is for... go there until you are done with your conversation, and then maybe your work-outs will be more profitable and you can work on getting rid of that ghetto booty...FINALLY!

Thank you for your consideration...

Yours Truly,
A disgruntled gym customer on the treadmill across the room


I think that our generation, being more connected than any before, is really just losing social graces by the LOAD! Riddle me this: Why is it that people can be in a room full of people, yet feel so disconnected that they need to call someone somewhere else in another room full of people to talk about absolutely NOTHING just so that they can feel "connected and in touch?" Hmmmm?

Ok, I'm done ranting and raving now :)

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I totally agree. Although, I think that the generation slightly older than us are especially obtuse with their phones. First of all, they talk SO loud. Second, they think their business is more important than your peace. Two years ago my teacher friends and I booked a spa evening after administering the TAKS test for two straight days. We arrived at the spa and sitting in the waiting room talking at the tippy top of her nasally voice was Mrs. Just Got Her Realitor License. Not only did she pollute the environment in the lobby, but her Fran Drescher-esque voice permeated every room in the establishment. Our relaxing evening of pampering was ruined by one rude cell phone talker. I wish now that I'd said something to her. Here's hoping someone who needs to read this blog post will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a little person you can really bring it!

    This, a gift from a friend, is on the wall in my cube. Maybe your honey should buy you one?

    http://www.allposters.com/-sp/National-Sarcasm-Society-Posters_i1120448_.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! craig, I love LOVE love the poster! I think we need one in this house! A, if i was you and had just shelled out bu-koos of cash for a spa day that was WELL deserved, I definitely would have said something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solution:
    http://comics.com/pearls_before_swine/2010-09-24/

    ReplyDelete