Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Job Hunt Continues...

Well, I have been faithfully job-hunting for awhile now. I have GOT to find a full-time job, people! I did have a part- time job right around the time my neck went hay-wire a few months ago, but they could only offer me a very limited amount of hours, so unfortunately, I had to move on and start looking for something else. Everyday, I dress up nicely and set out to shake as many manager's hands as i can... you see, EVERYTHING as far as applications go, seems to be online these days. That makes finding a job more difficult, because you are reduced to words on a screen... it cuts out the chance you have to dress up and make a good first impression, to shake the hand of a future boss and look them in the eyes and be articulate and professional. So I have to be creative!

Today I had an interview that i was really excited about... it very well and i left feeling like i had it in the bag ( won't find out for a week). BUT, while in the interview, my phone vibrated ( because I have the decency to silence my phone when i am somewhere where it could interrupt others...unlike my rude gym buddy last week!) When I left, i listened to my voicemail and it was a manager from a place i called yesterday. She said,"Hey, Katy this is _____ ...remember yesterday when I told you we didn't have any openings? Well, I just had a resignation, and you were fresh on my mind and i would love to have you come in and interview for the job as soon as you can."

Can I hear a "HALLELUJAH!" I have been looking for weeks with no prospects, and within 24 hrs, I will have had two interviews! God is so good! Although I have not been officially "offered" either job, I feel encouraged and am praying that I will know clearly where I am supposed to be!

I'll keep you posted! Keep praying!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo - and saying "maam" and "sir" will knock those Yankee's socks off:) Nothing like Texas good manners:O

    ReplyDelete