Thursday, September 9, 2010

The "Grown-Up" Club...


Sweet Aunt J and Uncle D came to visit last night. They are taking a roadtrip through the east coast and we were so honored that they stopped to see us! Anything historic, anthing to do with presidents, and especially anything to do with the Kennedy's is their cup of tea! So, they are visiting things like Gettysburg, Eisenhower's farm, Westpoint, etc... maybe they will even make it into the Kennedy compound! ( If anyone could do it, Aunt J would be the one!) They will end the trip in Bar Harbor, Maine.

(Aunt J wanted us to take pics in front of the house... Her daughter K told her she needed to take a pic of us on her cell and text the pic to her sometime during the night. J was very intimidated by her task, but Joe helped her out!)



We went to dinner at a local steak/seafood place that is inside of a cute little home from the early 1900's. After a great time and good food, we drove them around the square downtown (which is really more of a circle) and then went to our house for dessert. I made an apple pie from apples at the orchard up the road... it was "yum-0," to quote my girl, Rachael Ray. (I've been in a big pie mood lately.)


Aunt J is a great gift-giver... I think this is her love language. She brought me a house-warming gift wrapped so beautifully I almost didn't want to open it! When I did, I couldn't believe it! She got me this Lenox crystal bowl. I felt like I had finally joined the "Grown-Up" Club!



I had never gotten such a nice gift before. I like it so much because it is a more modern pattern (called Harlequin), not the regular old etched pattern you see in your grandma's china cabinet. I have no idea what i will do with it, but I know what I will not do.... I will not leave it in the box like my Great-Grandma did. It made us so sad after she died to find china she had gotten for wedding gifts still in the original boxes, never opened. I will use this all the time... even if I have to eat my cereal out of it!:) ( Just joking Aunt J!) Thank you, it's beautiful!

We had a great time and were so glad to see them! Have a great trip, guys! We love you very much...

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a great time with your aunt and uncle. The pie looked great!!

    Patty R.

    ReplyDelete