Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Healthy Lifestyles Update...


Well, in yesterday's post, I told you how much I was dreading the "HL" test this morning, but I prayed for strength and courage and drove myself to sweet hubby's work for my nine o'clock appointment. I told the lady, Nurse Ann, that i usually have to lie down and that i have problems with blood and needles. Joe asked her if I could go first so she could take her time because his usually goes very fast. She assured us there was plenty of time and said Joe would still be going first.

Four pokes and lots of digging later, I was in tears and very dizzy. (I am very leery of people who tell you how wonderful they are at their job-- my thinking is the "proof is in the pudding.") Thirty minutes later and still no blood. I told her I could not do anymore poking and prodding today. So, I will go back Friday for more vein-probing FUN!

Joe just called and said that she called up to his office...he thought she was going to appologize for torturing his sweet wife-y, but NOOOoooooo! She called and chewed him out! She said that we had held up the whole line of people and that if he had known I was going to be that much "trouble" we should have picked a less busy time of day for her to see me! Can you believe that!?! Some people have alot of nerve!
Here is what I would REALLY like to say to her!

"Dear Nurse Ann,
I am so very sorry to inconvenience you this morning. I should know that your time is precious and when you sit there poking my arm countless times as I am crying, I should really be the one appologizing to YOU for having bad veins and a weak stomach. I will happily re-do the fast for 10 hours and give up another morning this week so that another person can do the job you were unable to do! Thank you for further perpetuating my fear of needles. I will never forget you...Here's to hoping we never have to meet again! Have a lovely day!

Signed, another unhappy customer"


To make things even better, when I finally got home, I was greeted with a foul smell and puppy puke all over the carpet (did i mention we are having company tonight?)... when I went to go get the carpet cleaner and the woolite, Tex ATE his vomit. GAG!!! So, now I wait and hope he doesn't lose his lunch again. Oh brother...what a day this is shaping up to be!

This verse has a WHOLE new meaning(and mental picture) for me today!
"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly."- Proverbs 26:11

I think I will take a nap and start this day over again! Whew!

5 comments:

  1. I wish you lived closer, we'd go sit at Starbucks and forget your awful morning. Does Nurse Ann have a superior? I think you should let your mom have a go at her, I hear she's really good at getting results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough to have to give blood but really!!! A Cranky nurse... praying she does not come in Friday and they find the one who can do the job!!! God have MERCY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A, if you lived closer, I would have definitely taken you up on that Starbucks date today! Thank goodness the day ended better than it started!

    I, too, am praying that NURSE ANN does not come on Friday...at that point I might try to draw my OWN blood! :) yuck...ok, htat made me woozy! No need to call in mom yet...Joe already complained to HR this afternoon about her! Joe doesn't get mad very often, but when he does, you want him on your side! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Go JOe! Praying tomorrow will be peaceful and they send in the nurse who knows how to draw blood without you even noticing!!!
    :)~A

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPDATE: I went back to get blood drawn AGAIN today and had to do the 10 hr fast again as well.... the new lady was very good, very quick and i hardly even knew she had done it... "Nurse Ann" was there too and kept giving the nurse pep talks "ok, now this girl is a hrd one..." funny, the lady that was good at her job had no problem getting blood! Hmmm.... thankful it's over an no more pokes for a whole 'nother year!

    ReplyDelete