Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hearing Loss...

I think that couples need to constantly be looking for ways to reconnect with each other, which is why when i heard on the radio a few weeks ago that Toby Mac and Skillet were coming to Hershey in concert on the eighteenth, it was something I had to do. See, no offense intended, Mr. Mac or Mr. Skillet, but they are both very LOUD Christian groups, but I knew it was something Joe and I could do TOGETHER and it was a way i could serve him, taking interest in his interests.

So, last night, Joe got home a little early and we headed down the road to Hershey, equipped with earplugs, of course, and set out for a night of fun. I went in thinking i was doing this just for Joe and would suffer through it, but I actually ended up enjoying it more than I had anticipated.

Although neither band is my ideal music of choice, I have so much respect for those musicians for not selling out to be more "Alternative". They preached a very strong message about loving Jesus with all your heart and not losing your soul to the things of the world, and although at times it was tough to decipher the message thru all the , ahem, screaming in to the microphone, I know the teenagers around us were listening 100%. Who am I to judge when they are reaching out to our youth and coming across with a message of hope that teens so desperately need to hear? I say scream all you want- those teens were worshiping and it was awesome.

Here are some pictures of the night.

Joe ready to go into the concert...


This is us doing our best to fit in...we were on the floor, fourth row from the stage surrounded by sweaty teenage boys.


Skillet


The Skillet concert, complete with smoke machines, blasting columns of fire, fireworks, platforms that would project the artist thirty feet into the air...you know, all the ingredients of a good concert.


This is Toby Mac who appeared about four feet from us on a small stage and then crowd-surfed to the main stage...good entrance.



Confetti falling at the end of Toby Mac- felt like we were in the Super Bowl or something!

A good time was had by all!


So, don't call me if you need me for a few days, I won't be able to hear the phone- I think i have permanent hearing loss after last night, but it was worth it.....if you saw how big my Joe was smiling, you would understand!:)

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you can go in short sleeves in the early evening in mid-March in PA.

    ReplyDelete