Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome to our Home!

Although some rooms still look like this....
....we have made significant progress in most rooms- enough that i am willing to share pictures of the house with you! So as promised, here are pictures of our new Pennsylvania home...enjoy!

This is the front of our home...i put this wreath up when there was still snow on the ground because i was SO ready for spring!

Due to the fact that i could see who was walking by outside from my couch, I frosted the window on the front door with some film I bought at Lowes that you apply with a squeegie...genius!

I couldn't find a coat rack or halltree that was in my budget, but i found this great little bench with storage underneath at target.com...it came in two days and was super easy to put together. The frame and wall hooks are from Hobby Lobby...the scarves are from my own collection :)

This is the dining room which I guess is technically an eat-in kitchen. I love the molding and the open floor plan in the downstairs.

The kitchen...

The sacred kitchen aid mixer... I use it all the time!

The stove

Half-bath downstairs

This is our big green couch that I affectionately refer to as Joe's lima bean couch-- he bought it by himself right out of college and picked it because, in his own words, "It's a great napping couch." This would never be the reason that a girl would ever pick a couch! Oh, boys.

Joe put up blinds throughout the house... since we only have windows on two sides of the townhome, being a middle unit, the windows we do have are huge and the house stays pretty bright. ( Can you tell that Tex is trying to get in as many pictures as he can!)

I hated the look of all the DVD's being in one tower, but i still needed some kind of storage on either side of the tv, so I got these ladder shelves at Lowe's that matched the tv stand perfectly and got two DVD baskets at Target that hide all the movies so I don't have to look at them all the time.

Here is a close-up of the bookshelves so you can tell that they aren't cluttered...Joe's not convinced- he thinks there is too much "stuff" but I think they turned out cute! ( The black wooden block with the quote says " Today's Test is Tomorrow's Testimony")



This is the master bedroom- we have a platform IKEA bedroom set that my aunt and uncle got us for our wedding, which looked fine in the last house, but this house has extra tall ceilings and it looked dwarfed in the room, so I found fabric that matched and upholstered six canvases and then got some plaques to go in between. I saw it on HGTV.

Guest bathroom that has already had a broken toilet , broken vent, and nails popping thru the shower insert! Geesh!

Guest room...the things above the bed are placemats I got at Kohl's and the flowers I found on clearance at Michael's , painted wooden blocks for the background of each, and then hotglued them together.

Guest bedtable... picture of my momma and Dave:)

So that's the house for the most part...selective rooms ( office, garage, master bath, closets, and pantry) have been left out since they are still a work in progress:) Come visit us soon friends! I have a guest room waiting and I promise to cook you breakfast every morning!


On a different note, we fired up the grill for the first time...does this look like summer or what! Can't wait till we have nicer weather!

1 comment: