Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend in Review...

Even though I don't have a job right now, ( god will provide in His time) I SO look forward to weekends because it means I get my Joe to myself all weekend long. At the new job here in PA, he works LONG hours and is so tired by the time he gets home, so the weekends are nice to relax and get to work on projects ( I know, those two don't exactly go together). The weekend is almost over, but I had a great time with my man... he makes me laugh so hard.

Some of the funniest things came out of his mouth this weekend...
- We were at the furniture store looking around (sometimes we just like to look- he looks around while i plot out my new someday-couch to replace the "lima bean"). Joe saw the new Paula Deen line of furniture and said "Look, Paula Deen, I wonder if they mix butter into the paint?"
-Joe is trying to work on "words of encouragement"- my love languages are quality time and words of encouragement. He called me Friday from work and asked me out on a date and told me to get dressed up. We tried out a very nice Italian restaurant about 30 minutes away and we're holding hands, gazing into each other's eyes, candlelight setting the mood and sweet hubby looks at me and says, "katy, you're so ...special, but not short-bus special." Killed the mood but we had a good laugh! He tries:).

We tried a new church this morning, bought a new desk for the office, got things more organized for the garage sale of the century, and just spent time together inside since we have had so much rain that our backyard looks like a swimming pool at this point.

Great weekend. Looking forward to a short week since Joe will get a 3-day weekend for Easter!

If you want to know how to pray for us, please be praying for:
-Katy to get a job that I will not have to work too many late nights or weekends so I can still spend time with Joe.
-Joe to do well at his job, to have integrity and that his character would show.
-That we would find a church home quickly where we can plug-in and serve.
-That we will continue to make progress on getting out of debt and that God will reward our faithfulness and help it to go more quickly than we think
-That God will lead us and give us direction on big life decisions to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment