Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thank you TBCH!


I don't know how they do this, but somehow, the Texas Baptist Children's Home found my blog and the quote I made about "God is a God of chocolate-covered strawberries" when I wrote about Joe's suprise birthday grill... look here for the link! Very exciting! Since they are listening, I'd like to say a personal thank you:

"Dear Don Cramer and TBCH Family,
I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you did for me and my family. You gave hope, you gave us a chance to get back on our feet, you showed us so much love, and you were 'Jesus in skin' to us every step of the way. When some people hear our story they are shocked and start to say that they are sorry for us, but I quickly assure them that this was God's very best plan for us at that point in our lives. When we look back on those days, I don't remember all the terrible things going on with an absentee father abandoning us or the fear of becoming homeless or not knowing where our next meal would come from. Rather, Chris(my brother) and I remember some of the best times of our lives. I remember feeling like we were at a year- round summer camp, and I remember that is where I really believed for the first time that Jesus loved ME and was going to make sure that I was taken care of and loved no matter what. You cannot possibly ever know the true impact you make on the lives of everyone who passes through your doors. When I got engaged and we started talking about the wedding planning, there wasn't a question in my mind where i wanted my wedding- TBCH of course! They became like family and we are forever grateful for you love and selflessness. Thanks for the best time of our lives in the middle of some of the worst storms. You are passing on a legacy that will touch countless lives to come. God bless you all- thank you for everything you do- stars on your crown in eternity!! Love you all so much!

Love, Katy Stein....."

2 comments:

  1. It was a special blessing to read your blog about the chocolate covered strawberries. We had received more strawberriers in February and your writing gave special meaning to the gift. Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    Seems like yesterday when you, Chris and your sweet mom came to TBCH and I was doing recreation activities with you and Chris! Time moves too quickly!!!!

    Thanks for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience at Texas Baptist Children's Home. You were such a great kid while at TBCH and have obviously grown to be a godly young lady and wife!

    I'm so proud of you and pray God's very best for you and Joseph while "misplaced" in Pennsylvania!

    Please stay in touch and thanks again for your kind words!

    Blessings,

    Keith Dyer
    Executive Director
    Texas Baptist Children's Home

    ReplyDelete