Monday, March 1, 2010



So much has happened since i wrote last! The snow is melting, March has arrived, and I have never been more excited for spring! Much to our excitement, we have grass- actual grass under the snow! You forget how exciting the little things can be when you have hunkered down indoors for several weeks!

We officially closed on our house on the nineteenth of February and are now proud Pennsylvania homeowners!


If you know me at all, you know my middle name is NOT grace! Well, on Thursday, I fell down the stairs while Joe was at work. I knew it wasn't bad enough to go to the ER because i could still walk, so I iced it and took lots of ibuprofen. After seeing the baseball size purple bruise that popped up, Joe decided to stay home with me Friday and take me to the doctor. Finding a new doctor in a new town that accepts your insurance is never a fast or easy task, and is especially difficult when you are in tremendous pain! Joe found me a doctor quickly and got me there- what a guy! I told him not to take it personally if the nurses thought that I was being abused- everyone tries to play the " I fell down the stairs" bit, but it takes a truly gifted person like me to actually pull it off! So, after a brief (awkward)doctor visit, the doctor said I had probably fractured my tailbone, but there is nothing you can really do for tailbones besides rest and meds. Boo. So, lots of meds and ice and sitting on a donut, which i am embarrassed to carry around with me.

As if it's not bad enough having to use this thing, look what they named it!



Watching tv Friday night we saw that Macy's was having a huge sale and Kitchen Aid mixers were going to be 33% off on Saturday morning. I'm telling you, I cannot remember a time when i didn't want one of these! I always joke with Joe and tell him "If you think i am a good cook now, JUST WAIT till i get a Kitchen Aid mixer!" So, Saturday morning, i forgot how bad my bum was hurting and we got in the car and drove to the nearest Macy's and I am now the proud momma of a brand new silver Architect Series 5 quart Kitchen Aid Mixer! The neighbors across the street go look for churches with us on Sundays, so I invited them over for breakfast before church. They were laughing and said "we've never been invited over for breakfast before," and I said well, then you've never known anyone with a new mixer that is dying to use it! So, thank you sweet husband for my coveted mixer and I promise to deliver with yummy treats as a result! Love you, love the dog, but right now, I think I love my mixer the most!:)





We tried a new church yesterday named Christian Life Church and we really liked it. The people were genuine and they seemed to be right on with what we believe. The best part...YOUNG PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!!! yay! You have no idea how much this simple thing excites us at this point! So we stayed after service and talked to all of them and found out they have a 20-something group that was meeting for tacos and games that night. I was really hurting, but I was NOT going to miss out on this chance to meet so many new friends! So, I popped another pill ( this just does not sound right before going to a church function!) and we went. We ate and played charades and came away very excited and encouraged about our new group of friends! Thank you God!

So, back to cleaning the house and getting things in order. My mom will be here in less that three weeks and I just can't wait to see her! It's only been since Christmas, but I really miss her and am excited to show her around Pennsylvania and our new home!

Come on Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, Mom will be there in 12 days.
    Kill the fatted calf.
    Can't wait to see your new home.
    I've had to use those Invalid Rings.
    Twice.
    Not being known for grace must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that kitchen aid looks GREAT on those granite counter tops!!! Great choice!
    Excited to hear you are finding lots of people to meet!
    :) Sounds like things are going well... my friend always says, wonder how things are going? Depends on who you are sitting by! Trust you two are having fun sitting next to each other on this adventure!
    :) ~A, on of the moms....

    ReplyDelete